HELP- hotpoint aqaurius wf340

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, new to the site and need some help if you can :) ive had a search and the only thing i can find sort of similar to my issue has no resolution :n:

basically, we put the washer on last night, it was on a while but we never realised at the time, getting late we left it and went to bed, at about 4am, i got up and the washer was still going :panic: it was still on the wash cycle, it never got past it, had to cancel it and hand ring the clothes

tonight we tried a new load, and it just appears to be filling, can hear the water flushing the draw, and its getting into the drum, but not much else happens, this is on the prewash cycle, i turned it off and back on, reset the programme, and the same, it managed to get past this prewash this time and onto wash, but still always sound like its filling, turns between a half and 1 and a half turns then stops for a while, and either changes direction or repeats, left it like this for around 1.5 hours, no change..

any ideas?, really cant afford a new one ATM, cant see any visible "code" only lights on are the power and the door locked, and prewash or wash depending on which it gets to

did notice tonights load was boiling hot on a low temp setting if this makes any diff?

thanks in advance, Andy

Sponsored Links
Check the filter first. Then check heater with a meter poss open circuit.

thanksor the reply mate, ive just pulled washer out (first time ive even looked at a washing machine btw)

rear cover states front filter only, so i remove kick panel and only thing removable i can see is a round black screw in type plug, i remove this and am greeted by lots of water, so i assume im looking in the right place ;)

fair bit of sludge came out with the water, but i cant seem to see any filter in there? i can see the pump rotors, they turn with a little compression as id assume is normal for the pump

removing top and rear covers cant seem to see anything untoward

where is the heater, what does it look like and what am i testing it for? got all tools i could need including a test meter...

replaced plug and put it on a fast wash cycle, so far its doing alot more then it was... and doenst sond like its tyring to fill constantly..

Heater should be 25 ish ohms. That's found at the back of the drum , remove rear white cover. Also check motor brushes poss low.

Sponsored Links
cheers mate, found heater, couldnt see it at first...may have solved the issue, will report back...

when our old washer gave up, we got the new one, which is single point water fed, so without thinking i fitted hot water pipe ;)

been running like this over a year, but weve not used central heating at all till recently...

just replaced with cold water feed and put it on fast wash, so far its on wash/rinseand spin

so its already further then it normally gets :D

hopefully was the issue, been getting boiling water straight out the combi constantly :wall:

well it completed a fast wash as it should, im guessing weve never had the central heating on at the same time as the washer previously (odds are unbelievable)

will try a full load on usual setting and see what happens, hopefully it will be cured :)

ok....it continues to do as it did before on normal setting, but works on a fast wash..

glass on door doesnt seem to feel any heat at all, and fast wash is 60.. so once its finished its fastwash ill test the heater..looks like this may be my issue????

Yep sounds like a heater fault.

not even working on a fast wash now.. annoyed is not the word lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back