Help...I apparently need a printed circuit board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there can someone give me some advise on where I can buy a printed circuit board for an ICON 23T combi bolier. Looks like the GC number is 47-0547-11. Or if I can still get one... Thanks in advance Alison

Sponsored Links
Try, amongst others, BBS Heating Spares, 01342 306529. They will be helpful if nothing else!

check GC no,47-0547-11, should only have 7 digits

Sponsored Links
is that the board that is around£150 if so go for BG fixed price repair at 165 quid including parts

is that the board that is around£150 if so go for BG fixed price repair at 165 quid including parts

A great deal it has to said however I believe there is a pretty long waiting time now as in two months :LOL:

You can however get someone out right away if you sign up for the homecare gig with the appropriate supplement for the year ref broken boiler repair £160 on top thang :LOL:

Alledgedly! :evil:

I am always suspicious of these questions!

They usually follow a plumber who says the boiler needs a new PCB ( without doing any tests ) and that will cost about £300 to repair.

The customer then says thank you, but no, and then goes out to buy the PCB themselves.

Unfortunately, and this part makes me smile, the fault is usually NOT the PCB but some other simple problem which a competent boiler would have ficed for under £100.

But I have no sympathy for the customer in these cases!

Tony

I am always suspicious of these questions!

They usually follow a plumber who says the boiler needs a new PCB ( without doing any tests ) and that will cost about £300 to repair.

The customer then says thank you, but no, and then goes out to buy the PCB themselves.

Unfortunately, and this part makes me smile, the fault is usually NOT the PCB but some other simple problem which a competent boiler would have ficed for under £100.

But I have no sympathy for the customer in these cases!

Tony

Or you get them on the phone trying to pick your brains re a particular problem then they phone round asking the price to repair said problem.

Worst ones of the lot is other plumbers/heating engineers doing 'market research' with a 'number unavailable' on the phone.

Had a punter the other day who e-mailed asking for an on-line quote to replace a boiler.

That is more or less verbatim BTW.

Hell mend them as my old mum used to say :)

I had a classic this morning!

This fellow said that at this house he owned, where his uncle lived, the Vaillant was displaying an error code indicating an ignition problem.

I assumed he had called because he wanted us to come and fix it.

I told him that there was nothing he would be able to do himself and it would need an engineer.

His reply was " OK then it seems I am going to have to get someone round, thanks!" Ends call!

Obviously he was just calling for free advice on how to fix it but he would be calling a cheaper Asian engineer rather than us!

Tony

I had a classic this morning!

This fellow said that at this house he owned, where his uncle lived, the Vaillant was displaying an error code indicating an ignition problem.

I assumed he had called because he wanted us to come and fix it.

I told him that there was nothing he would be able to do himself and it would need an engineer.

His reply was " OK then it seems I am going to have to get someone round, thanks!" Ends call!

Obviously he was just calling for free advice on how to fix it but he would be calling a cheaper Asian engineer rather than us!

Tony

Bain of my life that sort of stuff, that and advertising/mobile/other p!sh sort of calls.

Had a guy the other night at about 9PM on the phone (never answered it) who left a message praising my website (dead giveaway) and asking me to call him back with no other message.Called him back and he was looking for a start!

Not the best way to impress prospective employers needless to say he was politely told to do one :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back