Help! I need to boil an egg inside out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is in the correct section: or is there a cooking section on DIYnot?

I need to boil a few eggs so that on peeling the shell, the yellow yolk is on the outside and the white in the middle, unlike normal boiled eggs, I need this to be opposite.

This is for my cat's coming birthday and I want to entertain everyone with this unique inside out boiled eggs.

any one knows, perhaps a few gas safe engineers might know, since they know everything else! ;)

Sponsored Links
When they make catering Melton Mowbray pies they need to make an egg centre something like 12 to 24 inches long (I've seen longer ones, too). They do this by separating the yokes from the whites, putting the yokes into a tube mould and cooking them. The cooked core is then transferred to a larger tube mould and the whites are added and the whole thing is then cooked again making a long, tubular "egg". Maybe you could use a similar technique? Not sure how you'd get it all back in to the shell, although I do know how to make square hard boiled eggs, if that's any use. And that's despite not being a gas fitter! :rolleyes: :LOL:

And you celebrate your cat's bithtday??????!!! :eek: :eek:

Thank you mate, you saved the day, that is exactly what i was looking for, something totally new¬ :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You know Squeeky, I don't believe in low tech solutions, so I am going to use a high tech idea, I amd going to use a small round chamber with a lid (can be a small empty food tin, large enough for an egg, and then place a purpose made lid with a small 1/4" steel rod welded to it, I can then place an egg inside and hold the stem ina bench drill chuck, and spin it for 3 minutes and 48 seconds at 2600RPM, this should have transposed the two densities apart such that the yellow yolk being heavier gets thrown to the outside by means of centripetal forces and the clear fluid gets pushed in middle(the white part when boiled)

this would save playing with my wife's tights! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back