Help identifying brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been searching all of the usual for chains and builders depots and am struggling to find a match to the existing bricks on my house. Building an extension and would ideally like an identical or very close match. Any pointers or help would be really appreciated.
20170826_132058.jpg
20170826_132058.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you are not doing the brickwork yourself just ask the bricky who quotes if he is local he will be able to ID it for you.

Thanks both. Checked all the usual manufacturers and not seen a match yet. Brickie also currently none the wiser.

How hard can it be? House built in the 1960s in Kent if that narrows anything down?

Sponsored Links
At some Travis Perkins that have a wall full of bricks, maybe 50 or 60 different ones. I found my match there.

The batches of West Hoathly and Freshfield Lane bricks can vary quite a lot, with some batches contain a lot of softer reds and others containing a lot more of darker harder bricks.

also take a wider shot covering an area 4 or 5 wide by about 10 high will be easier to see the mix.
as suggested by someone else patterns do vary from batch to batch and also over time, expecting a perfect match from the 60s to now might not be possible. Samples of mixed bricks can be misleading sometimes, better to find someone with some stock and go and look at a whole load of them together.
If you really are that concerned, for a perfect match try a brick match company, I have had to resort to that in the past and they have usually been spot on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back