Help - is it ok to run a bath waste up to ultimately go down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we're having a bath installed at the moment. The bath panel is off and you can clearly see how the waste runs down, hits the floor, then runs up via a series of horizontal bends, towards the SVP. The lowest point of the pipe will surely remain full of water from the bath all of the time - is this allowed? I'm not happy that the solvent weld joints will have to be permanently holding water... its only going to be a matter of time before they leak and when they do it will be steady and considerable!

I am relatively familiar with the British Standards and so would appreciate any reference to where it says this is/ is not allowed - but even general opinion out there would be great to receive!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have it in my bathroom.

Is it possible for the waste to have a fall back to the stack? If its possible then get it changed so that it does fall all the way.

Your bath will drain slowly then maybe leave a little pool that can't get out.

Is there no other way around it to were you have a fall from the start?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies - there is clearly enough height to drop the pipe consistently along the length of the bath, however the way the flexible water supplies have been routed has meant there is a clash/ conflict that has resulted in the waste going lower sooner than needed....

Im glad you guys think its wrong and so will ask for it to get sorted. Im not up for little pools of water or a slow draining bath!!

Thanks again, although any other comments would be good to have!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back