HELP! Maytag Dishwasher: Two problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I JUST replaced the water inlet valve. Now one thing I noticed (unless I got it wrong), is that the water inlet valve only turns on when the float switch is in the OFF position (the little button not pressed). It is my understanding that when the float is all the way down, it should keep the button pressed so it is in the ON position, thus allowing current to pass to the water inlet valve. However, when the button is pressed, water won't fill. If I manually release the button, water fills. Is this a bad switch? It doesn't "feel" bad to me, although I know this can be decieving. Also, if the float in the down position doesn't press the button (as I believe it should) does this also mean I need a new switch? It almost seems as if the tension on the switch is too much for the float to press. The cycle will begin regardless of the water's fill level, and sometimes with water still filling. It does turn off the water after a few seconds.

Problem two. The bottom spray arm won't spin for anything. I can tap it and it will spin freely. When I open the dishwasher mid-cycle and look in, there IS tons of waster gushing from the spray arm. I took it out and nothing is clogging it and it isn't cracked or anything. What could be the problem?

If it helps any of you, my dishwasher is model DWU7402AAB. I believe the manual says its model DW-2. I believe it is about 6 years old or so. Besides the problems mentioned, it works great.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back