Help me choose an alarm system!

Cheers, Matt. I look forward to your update. In the meantime I'm being seduced by the Texecom Premier Elite 24-W. It's a nice looking bit of kit, but the price tag is hefty. I really like the idea of the flexibility, and knowing that Texecom is DIY-friendly is a big plus. I'll start another thread with questions I have about that setup.

Ben

Sponsored Links
benzo77";p="3173456 said:
Cheers, Matt. I look forward to your update. In the meantime I'm being seduced by the Texecom Premier Elite 24-W. It's a nice looking bit of kit, but the price tag is hefty. I really like the idea of the flexibility, and knowing that Texecom is DIY-friendly is a big plus. I'll start another thread with questions I have about that setup.

That's going to be fun
:eek:

I still have the Enforcer as my number one choice.

When it comes to the external wireless siren, I want to provide an auxilliary 12V supply. Am I better using a separate 12V PSU in the loft, or wiring into the 12V supply in the panel? I can do either fairly easily and am planning on running a six-core cable from the panel to loft when I do the mains spur anyway.

12V from the panel seems the best option to me as it means I'm not relying on a PSU in the loft, which I'll never see and may never know if it goes faulty.

Cheers.

and am planning on running a six-core cable from the panel to loft when I do the mains spur anyway.
Why not run a cable to the bell location and remove the reliance on a wireless signal to start the siren sounding when needed.

Sponsored Links
and am planning on running a six-core cable from the panel to loft when I do the mains spur anyway.
Why not run a cable to the bell location and remove the reliance on a wireless signal to start the siren sounding when needed.
Certainly an option. I wasn't sure if the Deltabell-WE supported a wired connection, or I would need a non-wireless version such as the Deltabell Plus? The diagram for the WE model doesn't make it obvious - can you confirm one way or the other?

Just noticed that the Enforcer 32 manual says that a wired bell must be connected in SCB mode, but the Deltabell Plus manual says SCB mode means running on external battery.

Enforcer manual:
View media item 81116
Deltabell manual:
View media item 81115
Am I right in thinking that this means a Deltabell Plus would need an external PSU anyway when used with the Enforcer?

Am I right in thinking that this means a Deltabell Plus would need an external PSU anyway when used with the Enforcer?
Nevermind, I understand SAB/SCB now. SCB means that the (internal) battery is used to activate the siren. I don't need to provide an additional external 12V supply.

I think I will go for the hard-wired Deltabell Plus (unless someone can tell me that I can hardwire the Deltabell-WE).

The panel has limited current so you will need a power supply to run a backlit version or to run it in sab mode , you can power the wireless bell but the trigger is wireless it takes the power for the LEDs and sounder/strobe from the psu

To close the loop on this, I went for the Pyronix Enforcer GSM Kit. I also went for a hard-wired sounder as the cable from the panel to the loft was easy to run.

The updated version of the manual I received with my kit says that hard-wired sounders must be in SCB mode, except if the sounder is a Pyronix Deltabell.

Just started the programming and configuration, so far so good.

Ben

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back