HELP! My boliers died

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need some help; when i got up this morning and went to run a bath there was no hot water? went into my utility room and found the boiler was dead?
Besides my boiler there is a switch which was on but I thought maybe the fuse had blown so I changed that but still nothing? The boiler is switched on at the wall and on the panel at the fromt of the bolier. There's no pilot light or anything. I have no idea what has happened as I havent had any problems before.
The make is a Worcester 24CD.
I hope someone can help.
Thanx :confused:

please note forum rule 5

Sponsored Links
Hi there, don't think I can help you, but I'm also in Norfolk, Ormesby to be precise, and know of a couple of people that this has happened to over the past couple of days. Did you lose power in the high winds recently?
I didn't but I too am now having heating problems, i.e. hot water but no heating. Posted on here to try to get some help but none forthcoming so far. Maybe it's only Norfolk related but noticed a few similar posts added yesterday and today.
Good luck with yours and I hope you get it sorted soon.

The overheat stat may have tripped and you could push reset it if you locate it from the manual.

The pump would still start up though. Can you hear the pump when you switch it on?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Is the powert light on on the front of the boiler?

:D Thanx 2 those who replied! It was absoultly nothing to do with the bolier but the fuse box. I hadn't realised but the fridge, kettle and microwave had tripped as well. Someone came round to look at it and siad we were lucky we didnt have a fire as a result of dodgy wiring :confused: scary! Thankfully we are up and running and things are gd so far!
Thanx again x x x

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back