Help my dogs have nackered my grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone give me some advice on a problem i have,i used to have a lawn until my dogs got to it,they have made most of what was lawn into one big bald patch with the odd clump of grass,now is it best to just re turf the bold patchs or re seed the patches,and when is the best time in the year to do this,i would be very grateful of any advice,oh ive already thought of a couple of bags and some bricks for the dogs,jim

Sponsored Links
Do you have dogs or bitches(females)? Bitch(female) urine will always scorch and kill the grass. ;)

Hi i have one of each but ive made an area in the garden so when i sort out the grass problem they wont be allowed on the grass.just need to know best course of action,reseed or returf.jim.

Seeding is cheaper but takes longer to get a lawn, but ideal for patching. Turf is more expensive but gives a finished lawn quicker if you are doing a large area. Your choice really.

Sponsored Links
Hi the ground now is quite copact and dry is it best to turn over the soil thn re turf as its a big area,also is it best to do it now?jim

Hi thanks for the advice,i think im going to re turf just so i can get it done quicker,lots of digging to be getting on with,many thanks,jim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back