help needed finding potterton air flow sensor 300303

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my mother is trying to find an air flow sensor (Potterton Lynx 300303) as hers has broken and she will have to buy a new boiler if she can't find one. Can anyone help? Thanks

Sponsored Links
been obsolete quite a while now, I'd say chances are nil.

Sponsored Links
We have one in stock somewhere!

But I could not find it when I last looked!

However, I would not sell it as its reserved for our use when we are doing the repair ourselves!

Tony

I try to keep one or two s/h ones (somewhere!). They are getting harder to come by as there aren't many Lynxes being scrapped any more. Finding them on demand takes time and effort though - try boiler-mending/changing companies.

hi my mother is trying to find an air flow sensor (Potterton Lynx 300303) as hers has broken and she will have to buy a new boiler if she can't find one. Can anyone help? Thanks

Is she CORGI registered to test and replace this part safely?

If not then how can she be sure that it really has failed?

The most common fault is a lead problem rather than the sensor itself!

Its actually based on a cooker pilot light ignitor. Gas came up through the hole in the middle and a 1.5v battery heated the coil to light the flame which was close to the main burner and lit that. Does anyone remember that cooker?

Tony

Agile .Glow coil ignition was on a lot of old cooker ovens and a few grills also fire ignitions. ie the old gloworm GP40 and majorca back boilers

Yes, but which one used the same basic element as the Lynx?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back