help on new electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
help I have a new electric cooker [fan oven] Instructions say needs 32amp fuse minimum ,so I figured probably 45amp as never heard of 32 am. My old cooker had 30amp fuse [wired fuse at consumer unit] .Can I buy 45amp fuse wire and rewire existing fuse and use existing cable? I can't find a supplier for 45amp fuse wire does this mean it doesn't exist?
Any help would be appreciated. :?:

Sponsored Links
I think the manufacturers mean a 32A MCB, this is really the modern equivalent of 30amp fusewire. You can get a 45 cartridge fuse + housing to fit into your existing fuse holder but the deciding factor is your cable size which I would assume to be 6mm which has a current carrying capacity of approx 37A max. I would run with the 30amp rewirable fuse that you already have ( a 32mcb would trip before a 30amp rewirable fuse would blow) A better solution would be to replace all your rewirable fuses with 'plug-in' mcbs, they are about £7 each from screwfix or B&Q etc.

XWYB6.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back