help please - boiler noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
hope you can assure me that everything is ok.
My boiler is making noises, but unlike other posts, it makes the noises as soon as i turn it on (as soon as i put it on, it makes like "fssssss" noise and then a few little cracking ones too). Once it heats up it goes quite (as normal).
PS i had the annual service done a few weeks back and since then it is doing these noises. Also, before the service, whether off or on the pressure stayed at 1.5 bar. Now cold it is on just under 1 and when warm just above 2. Is this normal?
(heating and water are working just fine). only a bit concerned about the noises and the increase in bar.
thank you very much in advance :)

Sponsored Links
what boiler is it? sounds like a dodgy electrical connection crackling.
The pressure rise you mention sounds a bit too much. Its possible your expansion vessel isn't fully charged, but its unlikely thhe engineer would have caused this, maybe you didn't notice before. Some people recharge these on a service visit, some don't.

I think it would be reasonable to ask the engineer to pop back and have a look.

thank you :)

its a sauner duval f43e....
is this dodgy connection dangerous? shall i be concerned?

Sponsored Links
Any noise as you describe should be professionally investigated and fixed.

At best a dodgy electrical connection will just burn itself out and cause a boiler breakdown, or if could lead to other more expensive failures and possible risk of fire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back