help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to move house soon and have been looking at larger properties in the west london area.
saw a nice house at a decent price just needs decoration.
BUT has a new isar combi he30 linked to an unvented cylinder a boiler mate 2.
the guy selling says that the combi just does the kitchen sink and boiler mate all other hot taps.
the floor in airing cupboard is rotted could boiler mate be leaking,also there is a bucket under the isar combi,he says a pipe needs to be fitted to the drain.
getting a bit worried about this set up.what do you lads think,should i buy or run away quickly.
i think he is a diy guy.
thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Contact a CORGI engineer and pay for a full report on system with costings to rectify faults. If the house ticks all boxs, negotiate.

Boilermate 2 is an absolute rust bucket, needs replacing, preferably with a proper un-vented cylinder.

Isar a a big problem for householders and engineers alike.

You need to knock off at leat £6000 to allow both of these to be replaced with new ones.

Boilermate 2 was usually an open vent thermal store.

Sponsored Links
thanks for replys.i have seen a lot of negative coments here regarding isar boilers.
not a good starting point i think.

You said it was a good price, so go for it, knowing you want to rip the sludge bucket and the boiler out. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back