Help ravenheat csi 85a airlock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, can anyone help me please , I have a ravenheat csi 85a and when it is in heating mode the burner shuts down in about half an hour and the orange light comes on . it has been suggested to me that this might be an airlock, can anyone tell me how to release the air in my system if it is that.
Any info would be much appreciated, many thanks .paul

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
forgot to say, the boiler is 2years old but was fitted by an unregistered plumber so i guess the warranty is void.

Lots of possibles..... heres something to go on

If the ignition wire goes to and from the condensate unit then replace the ignition lead with a standard replacement to take the condensate unit out of line. Just chop the wires, rejoin the 2 ends and tape them up well to test. Its high voltage so don't be shy with the tape.

How far through the ignition sequence does it get when it locks out? I am finding quite a few of these with sticking fans lately. Check that the fan spins freely

Check the spark electrode gap. To adjust, carefully bend the plate that holds it.

Blue ignition boxes were quite prone to this type of problem. Not nearly as common with the red ones.

I've taken you a little way into corgi territory so please take care.

Thanks for the advice , i have (this morning) switched all the thermostatic valves off on all the rads bar two upstairs and the thing ran like a dream (7hrs) until i reintroduced the others and then the pilot light light came on again. will try what you suggested tonight. many thanks paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back