Help required on a faulty old Potterton...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just wanted to get a heads up on what could be up with my old Potterton RS80

The Pilot will light but not stay lit. It started a while ago when the pilot would go ut, it would re light fine and the heating would work, but after a short while of just the pilot being on, it would go out. And now it will not stay lit at all.
We have made a couple of calls and someone is coming out on Thursday but wanted a list of possible options before they come out.

And yes I know I need a new boiler, but redundancy is looming so it'll have to wait :(

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It is most likely a fairly small issue, but as it involves safety critical work, the RGI's on here are unlikely to tell you exactly what it is.
Repair and service should cost less than £100 if there are no further hidden defects.

OK, that is cool, I wouldn't do it myself, just wanted a rough idea of possible issues before the chap comes round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back