Help required with my pond and pump wiring… (no plug)

I'll take that to mean that you cannot indicate any way in which my hypothetical 'example' fails to satisfy the 'unambiguous' definition
You can take it how you like, if you want to persist in deliberately behaving in a way which you know to be ludicrous.

I shall take it that there is no point whatsoever in trying to discuss what the Wiring Regulations say about something when you have decided to deliberately make a claim which you know to be ludicrous that the Wiring Regulations apply to a pile of appliances used as table legs, and that therefore are patently not to be believed when it comes to electrical appliances being used for their intended purpose.

You increasingly remind me of Holmslaw - you've decided that you don't want the regulations to apply, so are trying to discredit them.

Sponsored Links
Game, set and match to JohnW2!
Depends on whether you want this topic to be a pointless artificial debate or a genuine discussion of whether the Wiring Regulations apply to the flexes of mobile equipment.

Since JohnW2 has declined to explain, maybe you could tell us how, if they are not, you would deal with the situation where somebody wanted to bury the flex of an appliance in a wall, following a zig-zag path through more than 1 room.

Since JohnW2 has declined to explain, maybe you could tell us how, if they are not, you would deal with the situation where somebody wanted to bury the flex of an appliance in a wall, following a zig-zag path through more than 1 room.
You seem to be forgetting that, far from having expressed a view as to how the regulations state/intend the flex of a mobile/portable appliance should be treated (indeed, whether they are even within the scope of BS7671), what I actually said was:
As I said, I really don't know.
What I have said, and certainly believe, is that, despite your view, the definition of "electrical installation" in Part 2 of BS7671 is so vague as to be of effectively no use in helping to answer this question (to which I still don't know the answer).

The common sense view about your buried flex ziz-zagging through a wall is pretty obvious. However, we're talking about BS7671, not common sense. As you so often say, what matters about regulations and laws is what they actually say, not the opinion of people (maybe based on common sense) of what they should say.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back