Help to repair Hotpoint WMA44

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Looking for a bit of advice on repairing our washer. What has happened is that one of the plastic dividers (arms?) from inside the drum, has come off. It is possible to push it back into its slot, but .... it needs to be screwed back on from underneath (outside) the drum. I've had a quick look at what comes off, but cannot find any way to get to the place in question. Maybe I need to lift the drum out? Maybe there is some way of blocking up the hole in the drum (without refixing the arm) so that clothes won't get snagged in it? Basically, any help much appreciated.

Heres the offending arm ...and its slot inside the drum

washer2hj3.jpg

Sponsored Links
The Hotpoint drum lifters clip into place.If you get a new one or even a set it will show you how to lift the locking tab on the drum and by how much.

assuhors said:
The Hotpoint drum lifters clip into place.If you get a new one or even a set it will show you how to lift the locking tab on the drum and by how much.

'Drum lifters'? By that do you mean what I am calling the 'dividers'? Yes, they do indeed clip into place, but they wont stay there as they need to be screwed in from underneath. Access to there is my problem.

Sponsored Links
they do not screw in underneath. The one that has detached is because the clips have sheared on the underside and you will need a replacement. You must take the model and serial number along with you to the spares supplier as there is some difference on different models.

Thanks a lot for that - although the underneath of the blue arm does look like it has a screw receptacle.

Anyway, any ideas on good online suppliers for the uk?

It is fairly common for these to break so I would imagineyou would pick one up immediatly at any decent size white goods appliance spares shop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back