Help wiring a 'three light ceiling fitting'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone, im new to the forum and am wondering if anyone can provide some support as I am trying to wire up a new ceiling fitting...

I have a three light ceiling fitting and I am trying to fit it in to an existing electrical fitting. I have three neutral and three live wires from the new fitting and three earth wires from the existing fitting which we have connected to the earth wire from the new fitting. I also have a red wire from the exiting fitting connected to a black wire from the existing fitting, the other two existing red wires I have connected to the new live wires on the new fitting and the two remaining black wires from the existing fitting we have connected to the blue wires on the new fitting.

At this time we have lights working throughout the flat and all switches work except the one that should operate this light fitting, we have moved a few of the wires round and we have had this switch operate other lights throughout the flat, so we know its a switchlight problem. But I have tried most combinations and just cannot get this one switch to work correctly, we understand that the black switch wire has a red sleeve usually but ours does not, so can anyone provide any advice as to how we can find which is the correct switch wire without trying dozens of combinations.

Many thanks in advance

John

Sponsored Links

t2565752.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back