Help wiring wireless room thermostat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I hope you are all well. I want to wire a wireless room thermostat to a old ideal classic boiler which just serves central heating. It has a single channel programmer which switches on the boiler. No zone valve fitted. I believe I just run the heating on wire from the programmer (it must go to the switch live on the boiler) through the thermostat and back to the boiler switch live?

Hope that makes sense.

Sponsored Links
(it must go to the switch live on the boiler) through the thermostat and back to the boiler switch live?
Ideal Classic does not have a switched live as such, just take the Live feed into your existing set up and interuppt this with your choice of control , into Com and out of NO that goes to the boiler live

Sponsored Links
Hi all. I hope you are all well. I want to wire a wireless room thermostat to a old ideal classic boiler which just serves central heating. It has a single channel programmer which switches on the boiler. No zone valve fitted. I believe I just run the heating on wire from the programmer (it must go to the switch live on the boiler) through the thermostat and back to the boiler switch live?

Hope that makes sense.
Hi mate,
I've posted something similar and mines an old Ideal Classic too. Have a look at my thread, it may help too! Good luck.

Steve

Thank you for clarifying this. Appreciate it.
Most modern boilers have a switched live and a permanent live, but your old but reliable girl only has the one live, might not be as efficient as a modern boiler but certainly more reliable, if all working Ok I wouldnt be in a rush to replace it , regardless of what any ershole tells you

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Most modern boilers have a switched live and a permanent live, but your old but reliable girl only has the one live, might not be as efficient as a modern boiler but certainly more reliable, if all working Ok I wouldnt be in a rush to replace it , regardless of what any ershole tells you
Thanks Ian. Good to know. In no rush to replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back