Help with 3 way triple dimmer switch please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Marbo Dimmer Triple 2 way mains voltage 250W switch in my lounge.

I bought this as a replacement for previous dimmer, which was broken (although I still have this).

Unfortunately the variable resistor fuses (if this is the correct interpretation) are quite sensitive - a bulb blew &, despite the lower floor fuse tripping, the dimmer no longer works for the affected light unit e.g just stays "full on" if switched on

The replacement dimmer unit is £36.

I've looked at swapping out the offending variable resistor with a good one from old unit - but unfortunately the newer one is not quite the same, and not as easy to remove.

I don't really want to shell out £36 every time a bulb blows to reactivate dimmer functionality !

Can anyone advise ?

Can I purchase just the replacement resistor to swap for blown one ?

Is there a suitable dimmer replacement which has replaceable fuses ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Dimmer modules are not variable resistors. They have variable resistors in them, but it won't be that component which has failed, so replacing it would do no good.

Good quality lamps with internal fuses can help, but might not.

Ask the makers about what happens to their dimmer when lamps fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back