Help with 555 Timers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fairly new to the World of electronics and wish to make a start on a project. Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about electronics.

I wish to make a timer circuit, which would time for a amount of time ranging from 2 minutes to 3 minutes. It would be activated by a push to make switch. After the amount of time had passed, I want a light and buzzer to be activated which should be on for about 5 seconds.
I need the circuit to be made of 555 timers as they are the only components I have. Also, I am designing the circuit on crocodile clips so any circuits you think I may find useful.

Any help is useful, Thank-you.

Sponsored Links
I admire you for what you are doing but you are going the wrong way about it.

croc clips will come off /short. trust me. you want "breadboard" it is brilliant for making proto types. but you can also buy a timer kit that almost does what you want and a hole lot more kits, breadboard etc from maplin.

see this for a timer kit

Sponsored Links
Phil - I think you might be better off on an electronics forum, rather than an electrics one......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back