help with damp please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an internal wall with a damp problem
Some time back I had a leaking shower valve the damp from this came trough the hall wall from the shower and also came trough the lounge wall (shower in corner)
I fixed the valve and the walls I have had no more problems with the damp in the hall and the old shower valve was fixed directly behind this however in the lounge at a right angle to the shower plumbing after drying out and redecorating the wallpaper had damp patches appearing on it again this has got quite bad so I have now striped the paper off again,
Could this still be from the leaking shower (now fixed) or could damp be getting trough the grouting in the shower,
I have had a look and the shower side of the wall is not in direct contact with the shower spray,
The old valve had been leaking for some time how long would the wall take to dry out
If it is the water getting trough the tiles in the shower what should I do?
I have a radiator in the lounge directly below the damp

Sponsored Links
hello is there anyone there
has anyone on this forum any ideas ?
can i put anything on the lounge wall to stop the damp coming trough again ?,
please help the wife is driving me mad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back