Help with door cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace a door cylinder in my front door (solid wood) but I'm finding it very hard to get the correct size

The cylinder that I have taken out from outter edge to the screw hole is 25mm and the other side 40mm overall length 65mm

If I measure it like Yale in b&q have them measured it would be 20/10/35

Total height 33mm and key head 17mm wide which all seem standard enough.

Any help would be great as I can't seem to find a replacement cylinder

Sponsored Links
you may struggle with a 40/25 cylinder but what about a 40/35 which is a more common size as long as the outside is flush it can stick through 10mm extra on the inside not perfect but could get you out of a hole

I wonder if the old one was the ideal size?

How far did it stick out each side?

Have you got escutcheons?

Sponsored Links
Oh sorry, handles

It's the 25 that's a bugger to get, the side facing inwards is the 40mm which is fine but the external side needs to be 25mm because even 35mm stick out a bit far

you could perhaps fit a Kickstop Lockguard or similar, which is an extended steel escutcheon that surounds the snout of the cylinder (or keyhole, on a lever lock) and is bolted through the door to add strength to the lock area. As it sits on the face of the door, the end of the cylinder is in its recess.

Some photos would help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back