Help with Ideal Isar HE24 Cond Boiler and Program room therm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me with a few 'teething' problems.

I have just had fitted an Ideal Isar HE24 condensing boiler and a Honeywell CM921 wireless programmable room thermostat.

They have replaced my Worcester combi boiler with built in programmer, and I am beginning to wish I still had it! although it was 10 years old and on its last legs.

The problems are as follows -
1. The boiler seems to be losing pressure, down to 1/2 bar from 1.5, we have filled it up twice and when boiler is on it goes up to 3 bar.

2. When I use the shower the water starts off very hot and then after about 30 seconds goes lukewarm and stays like that. I read the information booklet, which is not very helpful, and it says to do something with the draw off tap??? where is it??? I have turned the dial from max to next mark down and makes no difference.

3. Now, the most annoying thing is, (as I am not used to the programmer) when I have set 2 or 3 times for the heating to come on and off, the programmer seems to revert back to the temperture that is set on the target temperature. I want the heating to come on and go off when I tell it to and not carry on all night trying to retain a certain target temperature. We have tried to revert back to the factory settings and re- set everything but it does not make any difference. I have tried to keep it low at 15 deg. but this is too low for this time of year and am cold in the morning, but if I program a higher temperature in then it wants to retain that temperature and everyones sweating all night.

There must be some logic to this somewhere but at the moment I cant find it. Any advice would be helpful.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Why do people let themselves be talked into having an Ideal boiler fitted :eek: :confused: :cry:

1) You must have a leak somewhere, on the rad circuit, auto air vent in the boiler, dripping out of the prv discharge pipe.

2) If it wasn't a new boiler I would suggest the exp vessel needs charging, but hey it's an Ideal, so it probably is flat. :rolleyes: See FAQs on recharging exp vessel.

3) Don't know Honeywell programmers, but if you are follwing MI's completely then it could be faulty.

All of above will be covered under the warranty given by your installer/Ideal. Call them out NOW and ask them to come round.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back