Help with lighting circuit.

ive got that far ok, but the fitting doesnt come with any wiring, what can i use?

its not a ceiling rose i've used, i used connector blocks. is it heat resistant flex that i should use?

Sponsored Links
ive got that far ok, but the fitting doesnt come with any wiring, what can i use?

its not a ceiling rose i've used, i used connector blocks. is it heat resistant flex that i should use?

Where are the connector blocks going? You shouldn't be pushing them bare back up into the ceiling. If space allows it's best for them to remain inside the fitting. In that case, you should need no extra wire, as the terminals on the fitting can be used to make some of the necessary connections.

the fitting didnt come with a block, i've got two but just using the one. it has the three wires L/N/E

i've put the two live wires into one block.
two neutrals into another.
im left with the two brown wires in the lampholder thats in the pic.
all i need do now is connect one of those brown wires with the lives, then the switch live into the fitting, and the neutral from the fitting into the neutral block yes?

the fitting didnt come with a block, i've got two but just using the one. it has the three wires L/N/E

i've put the two live wires into one block.
two neutrals into another.
im left with the two brown wires in the lampholder thats in the pic.
all i need do now is connect one of those brown wires with the lives, then the switch live into the fitting, and the neutral from the fitting into the neutral block yes?

Yes, that sounds correct. And of course connect all the earths.

Sponsored Links
thankyou for your help.

being as one of the feeds is from the upstairs light. connecting this way will ensure that will also work correctly?

after a trip to A&E..... im kidding.

Thanks for all the help i worked it out in the end and learned something in the process about circuits, so you see ban all i wasnt going to do with it without making sure id be safe and my family safe before i set about putting wires here there and everywhere but thank you for your concern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back