Help with noises & cool radiators on my new system

Mea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just finally moved into my 1st home after renovation for last 10 months. Had a whole new heating system installed as old system didnt have radiators upstairs nor did it work properly.

My new system is a combi boiler situated on my kitchen wall. I think the make is a Ferrioli (sorry if spelt wrong).

PROBLEMS:-
The radiators down stairs were getting nice and hot but the radiators upstairs were only hot at the bottom of the radiators heat never travelled up even if I left the heating on for a long period of time.
Horrible noises coming from radiators at odd times during the heating system being turned on. Not when heating up or cooling down.

Was told to try bleed radiators of air. I have done this on all radiators in house 7 in total. Still now heating properly.

Was told to drain water from one radiator and then refill water to pressure when off set to 1 and half!!

When I put the heating on the pressure now moves to just under 2.

Keep getting really strange noises from radiators all around house. Banging, knocking sometimes even sounds like a motorbike is revving outside my house. It's that loud. The only way to stop the noise is to run around the house find the radiator which is making the noise and turn the temperature value down on it. The noise doesnt happen on just 1 radiator it could happen on 2 or 3 a day.

This is extremley frustrating & worrying for me as it's my 1st home and i'm really worried that there is something seriously wrong which is going to cost me loads of money.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what to do It would be greatly appreciated.

As i'm sure you've all noticed I am not really clued up on the proper terms and names of things sorry.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back