help with pop up waste?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a pop up waste on our bath which worked fine for a few months but then the pop up part stopped working, had to wedge it open etc. We then had to start screwing it on and off... and now the plastic bit we\\\'ve been screwing the \\\'led\\\' into appears to have raised itself up so that when we screw the cover on it is half a cm away from bing closed. I can\\\'t move it back down at all and am mystified. Help! Is there something obvious that I should be doing? Or do I have to take the bath panel off (quite an undertaking) and start again? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you're working from the outside and you need a look at the rods etc to see what's gone wrong. I would take the panel off and see what gone wrong, then fix it permanently before replacing the panel. If it's a loose thread or fitting, try some thread lock adhesive to stop it loosening again in future.
Best of luck,
P.J.

sophie
sounds like the pop up plug is plastic and the thread has seized. either try and get a new plug with a metal adjuster or the cable on the pop up has broken and you need a new complete pop up waste kit. Take the parts to a plumbcenter or plumbers merchants they can help if you smile at then nicely!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back