help with pump connections!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i need to swap an old water circulation pump for a new one,trouble is the old one has 4 wires coming into it,white/yellow/blue and earth,the new pump only has provision for 3 wires live/neutral/earth,can i still swap it over?what are the yellow /white connections for?any help would be much appreciated
thanks
lewis

Sponsored Links
Little more info please ,:

voltage maybe good start - you do have equipment to test voltage ? :rolleyes:

you could always stick your --nah

yes 240 volts is required for the new pump with 3 connections and that is what i have on the white and yellow lead of the 4 core flex obviously the blue is N and the green&yellow earth!

AT WHICH 2 POINTS ARE YOU TESTING FOR VOLTAGE ?

Sponsored Links
correction sorry its late,i havent yet tested the voltages at the end of the 4 core flex i shall tomm,do you know what i should have and ultimatly if i can use this 4 core to connect into the new pump,it is friends problem so i dont hve all the info/instructions here so thought id ask an expert if he could at least let me know if it is possible,do you know what the white and yellow are? and if i can do it,if you cant answer then ill get more info tomm ie voltages etc if you require
thanks

where did the 4 wires connect into the old pump ?

More important than where they went in the old pump, What do they connect TO in the old system!

what old system chris ?
think before you type :D

what old system ?

old pump not system ,------ think before you type !!!!!!
:eek:

new pump to original ch system read the post first before you type

mucky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you trying to correct me ?

at what point did you view old system ,/ ? on the forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back