Help with SL Compact Alarm please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would appreciate some help with a problem that has developed on my SL Compact burglar alarm please.

Whenever power is cut the alarm sounds which I now understand (through reading this forum) is down to a dead or missing battery in the battery unit (in the loft).

However, the new problem is that whilst cleaning, one of the IR Detectors covers was knocked off which set the alarm off. I have replaced the cover and reset the alarm and all fault indications have disappeared but the strobe will not cancel. I tried to turn the strobe on then off using the program option but this didn't work.

I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to repair the system.

Thanks,

Ian

Sponsored Links
Remove strobe wire from control panel pcb if it still flashes it's your bell box !
Problem with all ade range is , if you don't change the battery every 5 years you run the risk of buring out the pcb ( large resistor on pcb) ..... Power down control panel for a couple of minutes to see if this clears the strobe fault, don't forget to reset as the strobe will flash untill reset is pressed..

Sparkymarka,

Thanks for the quick response. I cut the power to the alarm system by tripping the cb and left it for a couple of minutes, powered it all back up and the strobe will still not cancel.

I then removed the strobe cable in the control panel and then powered it back and the strobe is now off which I understand points to an issue with the control panel.

I have left the strobe cable disconnected and covered the termination with electrical tape. I understand that this will prevent the strobe from functioning on an alarm activation but could this cause any further problems?

Thanks for your continued assistance,

Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back