Help! Worcester Greenstar HE boiler, no lights on!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

My missis wanted a new LCD thermostat to replace our mechanical one. I've fitted mechanical replacements before but the LCD wiring threw me a bit as it also has ports for hot water control circuits.

My boiler was working fine...until i wired up the new thermostat! :oops:

There were three wires (blue, red, yellow) which i thought represented neutral, live and earth respectively. After reading the forums I think the yellow is the switch live?

I put the red and blue into the live and neutral port, the thermostat lit up and the boiler lights were on still.

The wiring diagram for the thermostat said you could bridge from live to A1 (heating port) so I put a bridge from the live to A1 and neutral to A2.

The thermostat came on, the boiler was firing up, then when I pressed the H button the boiler and thermostat turned off.

The trip hasn't switched and the fuse between he main and boiler hasn't blown. From reading the forums I think it may be the PCB board that I just can't afford to replace so I hope i'm not right about it!

Has anyone got any thoughts that might help!?

If needed I can take pictures of the stat wiring and boiler?

Thanks anyone that can help!

Colin

:oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Don't worry, it was the 2.5amp ceramic fuse that blew not the PCB thank god!

Youre a lucky lad!
In future may I suggest if you aint sure, ask first!

Sponsored Links
The wiring diagram for the thermostat said you could bridge from live to A1 (heating port) so I put a bridge from the live to A1 and neutral to A2.

Nice one :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back