Hemp.

Not sure if it's exempt but up/2 certainly doesn't allow hemp on new gas pipework.that said the last time I saw a long screw was on a commercical pipe rig at the acs centre,not seen one on a job in years and certainly not fitted a new one.

Sponsored Links
I guess I can always use my hemp as a ponytail.

BTW Whitespirit - PTFE DOESN'T seal threads.

But PTFE doesn't seal the threads whereas hemp/boss white does.
Yee Haa the posse is after You, Joe . Any excuse for them to saddle up :rolleyes: . I see you as The Fugitive ( allegorically) :mrgreen: I know what you mean and still use hemp - sometimes dry- or sometimes with other compounds - if it was good enough to caulk the Mary Rose it`s good enough to seal my threaded joints :LOL: PTFE is for the PC Posse and Prima Donna Gas Fitters :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Not sure if it's exempt but up/2 certainly doesn't allow hemp on new gas pipework.that said the last time I saw a long screw was on a commercical pipe rig at the acs centre,not seen one on a job in years and certainly not fitted a new one.
Didn`t allow it in the 70`s :LOL: Well my guv`nor told me to never use hemp on gas - way before corgi , when I stopped anyway - No gas fitter using iron pipe ( as they did then ) could use a longscrew - they couldn`t line 2 pipes up straight to save their lives :LOL: had to use Mac Unions which allowed for deviation in pipework :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back