Henley Block

I see this type of bullying all the time on the NAPIT forum. always the same people aswell like professional always havin a dig at some one
mst put the link ON the NAPIT forum so the fools could come on and give you guys a hard time. i am sick of of there bullying they put other people down to make themselfes feel better. :evil:

Sponsored Links
When people are offering advice on how to effectively break the law it worries me! Part P is a real pain but it is the law, like it or not!
Who here offers "advice on how to effectively break the law"?

Advising people how to do a safe and proper job even though you know they are going to break the law is not advising them to break it! Do you think that people who aren't going to notify when they should will abandon all thought of DIYing if they are refused help?

I think that you know perfectly well what I am saying - don`t get me wrong, I think Part P is an unenforceable waste of time. My concern is that with a certain amount of advice to falsely bolster their confidence, many people will take on jobs well above their skill level.

I see this type of bullying all the time on the NAPIT forum. always the same people aswell like professional always havin a dig at some one
mst put the link ON the NAPIT forum so the fools could come on and give you guys a hard time. i am sick of of there bullying they put other people down to make themselfes feel better. :evil:

If you think that trying to instill some common sense into the situation is `having a dig` you are severely misguided.

I assume that anyone offering advice on electrical matters to non-qualified people will accept responsibility for the consequences - even most wholesalers have more sense than that.

If you think that trying to instill some common sense into the situation is `having a dig` you are severely misguided.

I assume that anyone offering advice on electrical matters to non-qualified people will accept responsibility for the consequences - even most wholesalers have more sense than that.
Well said that man :) !!

Sponsored Links
I think that you know perfectly well what I am saying - don`t get me wrong, I think Part P is an unenforceable waste of time.
So "When people are offering advice on how to effectively break the law it worries me!" wasn't entirely accurate then....

My concern is that with a certain amount of advice to falsely bolster their confidence, many people will take on jobs well above their skill level.
I for one regularly advise people that their level of competence is insufficient for the job they want to do, and so does everybody else here.

I would like to thank Devspark for explaining where all these spurious registrations and posts are coming from. I thought something was going on but guessed wrong what it was.

I suppose it's inevitable that a DIY forum in this area would act as a red flag to some trading electricians, who may perhaps be going through hard times. It seems a shame though, as nothing has really changed on the DIY front except that the internet makes in easier for DIY enthusiasts to get better informed and not make stupid mistakes.

There are always going to be people who don't realise the dangers and legal consequences of what they want to do, and a forum like this can only be a help in that area.

In the case of the OP, he initally made two mistakes.

Firstly, he didn't know that if you buy a Henley block, it may be a single or a double pole depending on which you ask for. Personally I had only come across double pole ones, so learned something from his question. As he found that the Henley block would not achieve what he knew it had to do, he asked about it here. I take the question to mean "the Henley block I bought is single pole - is that normal?". Which is a sensible thing to ask at that point. I don't see why everybody then assumes that the OP would go away and join the tails together, which of course would have been much worse than stupid, he probably would have survived the experiment.

The second mistake was to be taking on the job without realising the legal consequences, and the possible dangers to others. When this was explained the OP stated that he wouldn't procede, as he had learned (from the forum) that it would be foolish. To me that was a good outcome, and the thread should have ended there.

However people then piled in, probably without carefully reading the thread, and started name-calling and bullying. These post were pointless, and probably worse, were likely to alienate the OP.

OK - had my say. Thanks for listening.

some NAPIT posts on today

prof. I am now a named target from that forum!
Apparently a NAPIT member of that forum feels that I and other `fools` are constantly putting people down (presumably for not knowing what the hell they are doing?).2360 pt1 only gets as hard as 11 plus.

maybach. I've just had a nose on that forum and saw that comment, I wonder who it was

not me,had to register under abzz,as mark was unavailable apparantly

scottie. They're not happy are they....................
Maybe the truth hurts

Also a user has recently been band on the "findafitter" forum before he even started posting.....have you seen this blokes post count! I like the forums but i also have other things to do!
He was also band for some controversal posts on the IEE forum. He has a habit of spanner chucking and nit picking.

shows you how sad they are

mst. post count other things to do. with all your posts do you ever work
and prof. with 1519 posts. the guy must have NO life its always him as the leader of the pack and the other wolfs follow. the guy pops up everwere SAD SAD SAD

Looks like someones making things up . Do you like adding things and taking things out of peoples conversations.

I can see your a newbie.

You should have one point of isolation.

Thats the best way to put it.

nabby68 - you cant see whats wrong? - it take it your not a quailified sparky. so why are you touching it?????????????????????????
priceless

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back