Henry HVR200-22 Hi-Lo Speed Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Henry HVR200-22 that has a problem with the hi-lo speed functionality... I know these are notorious for developing faults, but my situation seems a little bit more unique and I can't find any similar cases online.

My Henry works absolutely fine in "Hi" mode, no problems vacuuming for prolonged periods. However as soon as I switch to "Low" mode the motor immediately steps down to lower suction (great!) but then carries on slowly winding down over the next 60 seconds or so, to the point where it just grinds to a halt and stops dead. Switching it back to "Hi" mode immediately fires it back up again, but I'm keen on reviving use of the "Lo" power function.

I took Henry's head apart and found the 2-speed PCB... it's one of the older 2-terminal "v1.01" boards with a green back (#206606). This particular model of Henry is one with a plain green Hi-Lo rocker switch (i.e. no LED).

I'm just wondering if the PCB or switch is likely to be the issue given the strange symptoms, or something else entirely?! I know it's a really old model (2004?) but was in storage for a very long time so seen very little use and only spotted this issue when I started using it again recently.

Any help/guidance on where to start troubleshooting would be very much appreciated!

Adam

Sponsored Links
Hi,

If you haven't got access to test equipment, it's hard to say what the issue really is.
However, a good guess would be a problem with the PCB.

According to here:

https://www.candorservices.co.uk/products/numatic-2-speed-control-pcb-for-henry-etc

The #206606 has been replaced by the compatible #206735, and is still available.

Other than that, my first vacuum cleaner didn't have any power control - it relied entirely on a sliding cap on the handle to open and bleed suction.
If you can't find a solution, you can always drill a thumb hole in the handle! ;)

Sponsored Links
Bound to be the PCB, I have had some weird faults with them at times, best to by pass it, the slow speed is of little use any way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back