hi all need a bit of help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently moved into a house and the stairs are not a nice sight to look at .they are sort of plyboard banister type hard to explain really without pic so i will try sort some pics out if need be but anyway here is my problem after spending days stripping the paint off and wallpaper i realized the plyboard is sort of stuff you get on the back of flatpack funiture and removed a piece of it to find a stud frame kind of thing underneath it so i was wonder if it would be poss to take this out and replace with spindles as a open plan type of stairway

Sponsored Links
yes, its just hardboard fied to a frame. Just rip it out (assuming the handrail is supported at each end) and put in baulstrades or if you want to leave it open plan do but building control wont be happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back