hi everyone alarm time again interference on sound bomb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi could any one help me stop my inside sound bomb making a buzzing noise since i fitted a new oddysey bell box i have tried wireing it to strobe and also the bell but still the same or should i change the internal sounder for a different one any help appreciated baz== i think the interference is called harmonics or may be wrong it is a optima compact alarm thanks again

Sponsored Links
Take it off the external sounder circuit and the internal sounder circuit.
Put it on its own output.

Use a relay from the panel to switch the Sound Bomb.
Not the speaker drivers.

Sponsored Links
You don't run a soundbomb from the speaker drivers. :rolleyes:

If you have spurious noises from your soundbomb you need to check your wiring.

It needs 2 connections. +12v and switched neg.

In it's dormant state it is only connected to the +12v so should make no noise as there is no 'circuit'.

As I said keep it off the speaker drivers. ( As you mentioned the internal sounder, so covering all bases)

Yes Joe I know that, I was making sure the OP did, so thanks for your comment as UN-needed as it was.

In fact it is best practice to keep any sounder/speaker away from data lines as the induction can give the symptoms described.

thanks everyone for your input i will get a small relay to fire the sound bomb i have had this problem a few times when fitting a new bell box to old systems mostly on optima xm range panels thanks for your help again baz

I did say use a relay output from the panel, not a separate. But it wont hurt to use a free standing.
And keep it away from the data lines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back