high pressure/fast leaking Baxi Duo-Tec Combi HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
You guys were very helpful when I was choosing this boiler a year ago. Fitted & commissioned, I've been very happy except...

the kitchen tap has never managed to keep up a flow of hot water without my turning it on really hard, and then often turning it off & on again after a couple of minutes. (The boiler is upstairs in the bathroom, dunno if that's relevant). the upstairs tap was okay.

so... I've waited until it's almost out of guarantee <sigh> to get around to do anything about it.

and now - the drip which I noticed recently from the overflow pipe outside has today increased to a trickle. Checking the pressure I see it's over 4. also the hot water upstairs is far from instant (as it was until recently). I've now turned it off. The drip/trickle continues.

Only thing that's changed recently is turning on the heating occasionally. But the kitchen hot water problem was always there & the upstairs tap has, I think been getting gradually worse.

Any ideas?
many thanks,
J.

Sponsored Links
Firstly check that your filling loop is turned off fully.

Next it could be that the expansion vessel has gone flat (See FAQ's on how to check this)

If these are ok the only other way you can keep getting the system re-pressurised without you touching anything, is a holed plate HE.

Sponsored Links
TRy a "tap reviver" on the kitchen tap.
p1090454_l.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back