High water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help. I have a saunier duval combi boiler and it seems to have sprung a bit of a leak. There was no water pressure at all so i thought I would put the pressure up a tad. Unbeknown to me there was a burst water pipe down the road that the engineers were working on. Now, the water pressure in my boiler is up to number 5 which is on the red. How do I get this down? Ive turned the boiler off and isolated it, but now Im stuck with this leak! Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Also safety valve should have blown at 3 bar so something isn`t right

If there was no water pressure, because the engineers were working on it, how did you increase the water pressure?

The amount of information you have given is inadequate for us to give an answer. Would you like to try again, see this

Sponsored Links
The reading of the boiler pressure gauge should have NOTHING to do with the pressure in the street mains!!! It indicates the pressure inside the boiler and radiators. If it is reading 5 Bar, as Namsag already said, the safety valve should have released. Probability is that it is not working properly.

IT IS VITAL THAT YOU GET A PROFESSIONAL TO FIX THE BOILER BEFORE YOU HAVE A SERIOUS ACCIDENT.

i think what babyboo was saying is that they tried to top up the system pressure but nothing happened because the local water main was off. They inadvertantly left the filling loop in the open position and when the mains water came back on.................................................

NO.
My comment stands.
If the pressure gauge goes to 5, the PRV ain't working.
Get it repaired properly.

croydoncorgi said:
NO.
My comment stands.
If the pressure gauge goes to 5, the PRV ain't working.
Get it repaired properly.
I have no argument with and support your comments.

I was just trying to explain what i thought babyboo meant about how the pressure got high. I thought i had quoted oilman in my reply as it was his question i was answering.
oilman said:
If there was no water pressure, because the engineers were working on it, how did you increase the water pressure?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back