Hiring a mini excavator

wjm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are considering hiring a mini excavator to dig the foundations for an outbuilding.

Has anyone done this? It would be a first time use, is it easy to get the hang of?

Also, I have a few places to ring for prices tomorrow, but anyone got any idea what price it would be to hire?

It needs to be small as access is restricted. Jewson do one which they say will fit through a 2ft6 door way so that look promising.

Sponsored Links
Yes,I have hired one but took me all day to get the hang of it ! You'll be better off hiring the driver with it,much quicker and you need at least 2 groundman to shift the earth away as well.Also remember the earth/clay expand 3 times, so 6yds become 18yds.I got caught out with a 6yds skip and ended up getting another 2 skip! They do go thru' a 2' 6" door and I'm not sure what the price is now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back