Hive 2 and glowworm heating problems

Installer is coming out to take a look Friday but is saying to contact glow-worm for warranty. Now if there is sludge in there, will glow-worm even cover it under warranty? Does he need to sort the sludge out?.

When the heating doesnt come on when turned on i can hear what i assumed to be the pump working and can hear something flowing through every so often, water or sludge i dont know? But it has done this since day 1. So if it is sludge in there, is this the reason why it can take a while for the heating to come on because blockagd has moved through?

Sponsored Links
Well had the installer out Friday morning and was able to show him the flashing radiator symbol with no flame icon and seen for himself that no heat was in radiators. Told him about what you guys suggested msy be the problem but said shouldnt be as the system was chemically flushed and inhibator put in. He fiddled about with the boiler and managed to get it to kick in after fiddling with the diverter valve and then said to get glow-worm/vailant out to replace it, so we did even they ask for a deposit £90 deposit. What sort of warranty is this if we need to pay out before they check boiler?

Anyway heating was working as it should do all day and night up until now after he glow-worm engineer has left.
He drained the boiler down and replaced the diverter valve/head with new also showed us the grime in the heat exchanger.
16le6vn.jpg

Said it shouldnt look like that after such a short time. Anyhoo, he refilled the boiler after replacing parts and tested out the heating.
He showed us the heating on on the boiler (flashing radiator and flame on) and going up to 75 on the boiler but no heat in radiators at all after around 10 mins and said they should be boiling by now. He said that he thinks the system was not flushed properly and that there is probably a blockage in the pipes stopping it from heating up radiators as suggested by yourselves. Engineer report says turbidity 650 ppm although he told me its nearer 850 ppm? Told us to get the installer back out flush the system properly and left us with no heating

So now we have had no heating in the house since around 3pm and the tempersture outside is just below freezing so happy days, bit ****ed off that it was working fine before he replaced the parts but left us with no heating after the repair.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back