Hoarders

Sponsored Links
My loft is full of crap, when i die and they empty the house they'll need a good 6 skips, ive left £2000 provision in my will for it :LOL:

It's about 50/50 in our house, we both hoard or store ready for ebay.

Over heard recently
5 year old daughter on the landing counting, "1,2,3,4,5.and so on"
"What are you counting?"
"Mummy's boxes, mummy's building a tower!"

:oops:

Sponsored Links
Isn't hoarding a symptom of some deeper lack of confidence. It's akin to having a security blanket, an unwillingness to "let go" :idea:

Rule of thumb is;

If it hasn't been used in the last 12 months, BIN IT!

Dammed hard rule to obey though! :LOL:

I've still got my first CD player from 1984 ish.

:oops: My first CD player is still doing sterling service!

It's a Kenwood unit bought from Richer Sounds: excellent, if a bit slow in finding tracks compared to a modern day unit.

Rule of thumb is;

If it hasn't been used in the last 12 months, BIN IT!

Mine is "If in doubt, chuck it out".

Only once in the last 10 years have I thrown away something I subsequently needed, and I managed to borrow one from a neighbour.

I'm the definition of a 'hoarder'..

I have an 80's fruit machine, I keep EVERYTHING! Even broken things I keep. Mainly I hoard old computers, but TV's, video recorders, you name it..

But my girl recently threw away 3 coffee makers, an automated egg masher (where you place a boiled egg on a machine, and it mashes the egg??), and a fondue set (don't know what one of those is!)..

I'm like a Magpie, but can't let anything go.

I normally find that I get shut of something and then end up having to buy it again! :evil:

I binned a few chisel bits for my SDS last yr and found that I needed them!

Isn't hoarding a symptom of some deeper lack of confidence. It's akin to having a security blanket, an unwillingness to "let go" :idea:

Blimey. I'm really in trouble then. I hoard security blankets. :oops:

Seriously, I tend to hoard cars. Not at my place though, my mum has a large garage and long drive that until recently gave sanctuary to my fleet of rusting cars, in various states of disrepair.

Trouble is, I tend to keep cars for years, and run them until they no longer work. I never get round to diposing of them, they end up at my mum's.

Last month, she lost it, and threatened to disinherit me unless they went. So my own version of Beaulieu Motor museum has to go. :cry:

If anyone needs a 1960 Rover, an early 80s Carlton, a Manta, half a Granada and a Montego, I'm your man!

I normally find that I get shut of something and then end up having to buy it again! :evil:

I binned a few chisel bits for my SDS last yr and found that I needed them!

Ain't that always the case? I too have thrown out stuff I though I'd never use. Only to find a few weeks, months later that it's just the thing I need.

Sponsored Links
Back