Home Secretary is not sorry that there is a shortage of PPE

Sponsored Links
I'll speak to our HSE department and have them draft up the documents, should any local schools approach me this year.(y)

I would not bother tbh

U wil lose the will to live talking to them.

Common sense is not one of there attributes

Sponsored Links
If you employ five or more people, you should have them anyway (y)
yeah I know, I used to have to do:

full heath and safety policy with risk assessments for every machine or process
first aider training -I ended up getting in a trainer and getting everybody trained
DSEAR
COSHH -LEV testing every 14months
RODOR
compressed air regulations

duty to manage asbestos
written fire policy
noise at work regulation
fork lift training every 3 years
LODOR -every 12 months
CDM for site work
working at heights

Actually the 5no of employees limit is now a bit of a red herring -business insurance is likely to expect compliance to all mandatory regulations in place irrespective of number of employes.

My insurance assessor even said we have to have training for lifting safely -because employess who damage their back at the weekend playing sport may come in on Monday, claim to have hurt their back at work, then sue the company as well as take loads of time off -which insurers would not cover unless it could be shown employess had had suitable traingin and signed for it. Same thing with PPE.

My insurance assessor even said we have to have training for lifting safely -because employess who damage their back at the weekend playing sport may come in on Monday, claim to have hurt their back at work, then sue the company as well as take loads of time off -which insurers would not cover unless it could be shown employess had had suitable traingin and signed for it. Same thing with PPE.

That's why many companies train people for all sorts of things - they can then say they have done their best to avoid what ever it is. Daft eg. Ladders sometime injure people. Not by the ladder itself but usually due to misuse.

Apart from C&G training and assessments in cycle, motor cycle and motor vehicle, the other qualification we are approved to offer is Health & Safety in the Workplace. It's a generic qualification that is valid in any trade or occupation. All my students work on this from day one to protect themselves and others. Sometimes for a bit of fun, I also enter the student's personal tutors in for the exam as it encourages the tutor to spend time revising with the student in their other lessons (all my students have one-to-one tutoring). Nine times out of ten the student, learning from scratch, scores a higher mark than the tutor as they have bothered to learn whereas the older tutor thinks they know all the answers.

Sponsored Links
Back