Home Secretary is not sorry that there is a shortage of PPE

Sponsored Links
EH? WTF is that supposed to mean?

Well it means what it says noseall?

So Why don't u believe in PPE

Bit odd in it :confused:

Are u aware that PPE stands for personal protective equipment?

Last edited:
EH? WTF is that supposed to mean?
29E02AFF-9E4D-44B6-A2DD-A4D925AEF98D.jpeg

Unless you were just joking?

Sponsored Links
Partly. More the fuss about high vis stuff as opposed to goggles, DM's and Ear's. I wear ear's a lot at work these days.
I’m surprised that even 4 years ago they would send school kids to any worksite without a comprehensive H&S risk assessment plus a peek at your PL insurance to confirm that it specifically covers school students. Both the school and you would have been in serious Shiite if an accident had happened. Risk assessments are stricter than normal for school students - we couldn’t take kids more than 10 years ago in a C&G workshop without a full RA.

I’m surprised that even 4 years ago they would send school kids to any worksite without a comprehensive H&S risk assessment
They still do. I had one last summer (June) from my wife's school. I did tell then the rhudimentary site basics, but they sent him anyway. The parents (who I know personally) encouraged it.

The other WE programme, which was set up by a school teacher I worked for, did end when I fessed up about my lack of risk assessment cobblers. That was a number of years back.

They still do. I had one last summer (June) from my wife's school. I did tell then the rhudimentary site basics, but they sent him anyway. The parents (who I know personally) encouraged it.
A perfectly valid defence in the case of a serious accident. :rolleyes:
Seriously, the schools and the parents wishes will not negate or override your legal responsibilities if you have a school student on work experience. A serious accident could literally cost you everything. You might want to consider this if you are thinking of taking any more. https://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg364.pdf

A perfectly valid defence in the case of a serious accident. :rolleyes:
I get what you are saying mottie and I agree. I was as surprised as you when I was approached. The school teacher even came on site to do the usual visit.

Sponsored Links
Back