Homes under the hammer

Sponsored Links
For homes under the hammer they owner gets a whole 200 quid off the programme makers 100 quid a visit.
Done the heating in one one around 18 months ago .
Mate bought a 3 bed at auction that turned out to be a 4 bed paid 76k spent 20 k doing it up .We kept saying to him your spending to much if its for rent but he got carried away.
So total outlay of 96k took 4 months to do all he did was strip the wallpaper trades done everything else .
House got valued at 120k which was 24k made in 4 months not bad money .
But he rented it straight away and guy gave him 6 months in advance at more than the show thought rent would be

Sponsored Links
Good thing is that a lot of these programmes, especially Wheeler Dealers, are educational. Have learnt a few tips from Ed China over the years. Not many programmes that you can say that about. As a confirmed anorak, any programme about oily bits and old cars is essential viewing. Another great programme was The Garage. If you can see past the horsing around, it was also quite informative.

Yes - I'd love to have a well stocked workshop, an old car, and the time to make it pukka. I imagine it would be very therapeutic.

I restored several cars years ago, before I was lumbered with 'Er Indoors. Wouldn't have the time (or freedom) these days. I'm gradually making the garage bigger and more comfortable so that I can do the odd project when/if I eventually retire. As long as you can close the door on it when you've had enough and go back when you're ready, yes, very therapeutic and satisfying.

I would love to do that but don't think it's gonna happen now. Do you have any pics of the cars you restored?

Good thing is that a lot of these programmes, especially Wheeler Dealers, are educational. Have learnt a few tips from Ed China over the years. Not many programmes that you can say that about. As a confirmed anorak, any programme about oily bits and old cars is essential viewing. Another great programme was The Garage. If you can see past the horsing around, it was also quite informative.

Yes - I'd love to have a well stocked workshop, an old car, and the time to make it pukka. I imagine it would be very therapeutic.

I restored several cars years ago, before I was lumbered with 'Er Indoors. Wouldn't have the time (or freedom) these days. I'm gradually making the garage bigger and more comfortable so that I can do the odd project when/if I eventually retire. As long as you can close the door on it when you've had enough and go back when you're ready, yes, very therapeutic and satisfying.

I would love to do that but don't think it's gonna happen now. Do you have any pics of the cars you restored?

Yes, got a few somewhere, but not on digital. Will try to dig a few out and get them put on a memory stick.

Is it worth it you ask, bearing in mind until I was made redundant from driving a truck for £10ph by a Polish driver working for £8ph, I would say yes, the last property I bought for £180k and it is now being sold for £275k , the only fly in the ointment was at the eleventh hour the mortgage company wanted an extra £10k deposit (£45k) which more or less cleaned me out resulting in me having to do a lot more of the work than I intended not having sufficient funds for various tradesmen.

I made an offer on my next project 179Falcondale Rd, £352,500 which was accepted but the mortgage company down valued it on the rental value and as I wanted a buy to let mortgage left me short of funds and nearly a grand worst off.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to find investment /business partners in order to bypass the mortgage companies, so far the cooperative is up to £280k pledged, anyone interested get in touch.

Back