Homeserve Free plumbing & Drainage policy

morning people,sorry for the delay
why did i leave homeserve?
we were on a shift pattern of 7 days,starting at 12 noon till 10pm,sat thru to friday,we had two days off,then three more days of 12 till 10,two days off then 7 days of 8 till 6pm two days off then three days of 8 till 6pm
on top off that we were on call on the three day shify as well as other days in the seven days

we got a basic wage of £330 that was for the first 16 jobs we did,on average i was doing 7 a day
after you got to 16 jobs you then got a point for every job
the points equated to money,job 17 was worth £2.59,yes £2.59,so if i came to your house and changed a washer on your tap that was worth £2.59,if however i came to your house and dug up a floor and repaired a lead main i still got one point at £2.59
the points were on a sliding scale,so if i did job 17 and 18 that in total was worth just under £6.00
by the time you got to job 29/30 i think that was an addtional £100 on top of the basic of £330
when you got to jobs ,say 31 each point was worth £22 a job
so to bring home lets say £400 a week you had to aim to do 40 jobs a week,which is do able if you are in a certain area not a lot of travelling but some times i was travelling 45 to 60 miles to one job,so the more travelling you did the less you earn

nows here the real sting? if you had a reattend on a job they deducted two points from you this meant you could do 40 jobs a week and only get paid for say 36 because two were classed as reattends and thay gave a 12 month warranty so you could get stung for a job as back as 12 months

if you went on call out to job you didnt get money you got a point and a half,if you couldnt do the job you didnt get the points that applied to all jobs
gentelmen and women sorry for the war and peace story any comments will be answered
luv you all bob[/b]

Sponsored Links
I have been working in this area for forty years now and I have seen these schemes come and go. Anyone remember Public Drainage? It is rare that the client gets value for money and you really do have to work out what you are covered for. I have only heard of two customers that got repairs worth what they paid out. They both got new boilers fairly soon after taking out the policy. Most people would be better of saving the money. BG charge one of my clients £28 a month. They have been paying now for over ten years and they don't even get a service for that. Often these are sales visits by BG. "Oooh you need a new boiler or a powerflush. I know a salesman who can advise you."

Remember most manufacturers will carry out major repairs at a fixed price.

Blocked drains. Most blockages take about 30 seconds to unblock and a four inch plunger down the pan

Burst pipes. The actual repair is a small cost and your house insurance should pay for reinstatment afterwards and usually for damage done while looking for the leak. If I am called out I can often be a little bit flexible as to which cost is which.

we got a basic wage of £330 that was for the first 16 jobs we did,on average i was doing 7 a day
after you got to 16 jobs you then got a point for every job
the points equated to money,job 17 was worth £2.59,yes £2.59,so if i came to your house and changed a washer on your tap that was worth £2.59,if however i came to your house and dug up a floor and repaired a lead main i still got one point at £2.59
the points were on a sliding scale,so if i did job 17 and 18 that in total was worth just under £6.00
by the time you got to job 29/30 i think that was an addtional £100 on top of the basic of £330
when you got to jobs ,say 31 each point was worth £22 a job
so to bring home lets say £400 a week you had to aim to do 40 jobs a week,which is do able if you are in a certain area not a lot of travelling but some times i was travelling 45 to 60 miles to one job,so the more travelling you did the less you earn

nows here the real sting? if you had a reattend on a job they deducted two points from you this meant you could do 40 jobs a week and only get paid for say 36 because two were classed as reattends and thay gave a 12 month warranty so you could get stung for a job as back as 12 months

if you went on call out to job you didnt get money you got a point and a half,if you couldnt do the job you didnt get the points that applied to all jobs
[/b]

sheesh that sounds even more unfair than the BG system. i didnt think that was possible. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Most people would be better of saving the money. BG charge one of my clients £28 a month. They have been paying now for over ten years and they don't even get a service for that. Often these are sales visits by BG. "Oooh you need a new boiler or a powerflush. I know a salesman who can advise you."

depends entirely on what boiler you have and who you get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back