THE REAL STORY OPINIONS PLEASE FELLA'S

Well, if the guy wants to get in to a fight with the company then he is going to have to prove that the water quality is fine or it is not the water quality that has caused the fault.

Having more then one fault is not unheard of btw or one that only shows up after the guy have been at it

For all we know it could be simply the dhw ntc is faulty and the dv is fine, or the gas value is not mod'ing up to full gas rate for dhw or any number of things. If you don’t trust the homeserve folk then you going to have to get in a second opinion at what the fault is.

btw when you changed the dhw HX was there any black flakes coming out of it.

but i agree homeserve, bg...etc are all the same in my view.

Sponsored Links
tell Homeserve that you have had the heat exchanger changed and it made no difference and ask for another op to attend to ascertain the REAL problem.

shout loud enough and they will rool over for you.

done loads of work for them and find them to be very good but they can suffer from lazy engineers and unless they know he is getting it wrong they will never know that he is getting it wrong.

Dan_Robinson said:
True enough, but they tried to fix it:

My wife phoned "the plumbers been he's swapped a black thing turned something heard a load of pressure go through the boiler its fixed and hes gone" about 14:00hrs this is.
17:30 Wife phoned we have no hot water but the boiler is firing up the pressure not as good through the taps. THREE DAYS LATER another engineer turned up again with a screw driver and spanner no spare parts nothing " Heat Exchanger has gone!

fair enough....my mistake :oops:

as mehran says they could have more than one fault and the second guy is just going by the book with the water quality.

it doesnt really matter if the water is at fault or not, if its in the contract then the OP has little recourse IMO.

Sad but true - which is exactly why these contracts are a waste of time.

All the really important problems are usually exempted - steel/lead pipes leaking, sludge etc.,

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Sad but true - which is exactly why these contracts are a waste of time.

All the really important problems are usually exempted - steel/lead pipes leaking, sludge etc.,

but if they were not exempted then it would cost a fortune to have the contract in the first place.

lets face it its not that difficult to keep a system reasonably clean, but time and again customers will ignore your advice and then all hell breaks loose when they get a large quote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back