Does Anyone Know Whats Wrong With My Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello People,

Here we go then one Biasi Boiler Garda 208s
Hot water tap on more than a quarter turn Boiler fires up no hot water ?????
less than a quarter turn hot water HOWEVER all my central Heating comes on and the heating is manually turned off?
so my house is like Africa every time I have a bath and it 35mins to run it!!
Had homeserve round as I'm insured (ANOTHER JOKE RIP OFF) Guess What They said "it's the heat exchanger and I'm not covered,Because it costs too much." SO I BOUGHT ONE £140 I PUT IT ON GUESS WHAT ITS STILL THE F**KING SAME. PLEASE HELP ME

Sponsored Links
There are 4 things wrong with your boiler.

1. It's a Biasi.
2. It's a Biasi covered by Homeserve
3. It's a Biasi covered by Homeserve + a DIYer advised by Homeserve
4. It has a diverter valve that is passing to the heating circuit.

PLEASE HELP ME
Buy the old heat exchanger off you?

As nixt says, sounds like a pretty ordinary fault.

Not cos it's a Biasi - they all do it sir.

Sponsored Links
that sure as eggs is eggs not the heat exchanger

as nixt says its prollie the div valve

as for homeserve call em and tell them you think that the op that they sent wasnt to your satisfaction and you would like a 2nd opinion.

they should send someone else

if you changed the HE and it still dont work give Himeserve HELL

they got it wrong

:)

Just remove the diverter valve motor by pulling out the clip underneath.

That will restore the hot water but will stop the heating from working.

It will also confirm to me what the faults are.

Tony

I'll try that when I get in from work cheers Tony. as I said the divertor valve is coming on monday and i've paid for that as well so I hope its that.

If removing the motor unit restores hot water then replace the motor unit. They often stick & cause this fault!

Homeserve?? I used to do work for them when they couldn't get their own contractors to attend. One case they left client without any water into house for 5 days. To make tea, wash or even flush their toilet was a case of a bucket from nextdoors outside tap!

Homeserve promise the earth at low cost but that 'peace of mind' fades rapidly when you actually get to need someone in an emergency. 'Just one phone call and a plumber is guaranteed to be there within 2 hours' is their spiel. Sorry not quite like that with the jobs I encountered with them.

AlanE said:
If removing the motor unit restores hot water then replace the motor unit. They often stick & cause this fault!

They dont often stick, but they do stop working when the gland underneath is leaking. About 1 in 10,000 will fail at any position.

Also the c/o relay that powers them can fail or stick but as the relay rests in the DHW mode then the PCB fault is usually DHW but no CH.

Tony

Agile said:
They dont often stick, but they do stop working when the gland underneath is leaking. About 1 in 10,000 will fail at any position.

Also the c/o relay that powers them can fail or stick but as the relay rests in the DHW mode then the PCB fault is usually DHW but no CH.
Stupendous! Do you have access to some privileged information?

Funny changed quite a few where they have jammed in one position - and no leaks anywhere.
Just remove the diverter valve motor by pulling out the clip underneath.

That will restore the hot water but will stop the heating from working.

It will also confirm to me what the faults are.
If the diverter was leaking and the pin was stuck in one position how does removing the motor unit let the operating pin move?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back