Honda crv 07. remove bolt from snapped oil sensor

That’s the sensor that screws into the sump....I’ve never replaced one but I’d disconnect it and try, and then maybe bridge the terminals of the connector and try again. Nothing guaranteed here of course!
John :)

Disconnected the sensor and I get exactly same thing. Flashing amber light.

Sponsored Links
Disconnected the sensor and I get exactly same thing. Flashing amber light.

Have you got, or do you know anyone with a diagnostics unit? They just plug in and it would list a series of fault codes, which should translate to (perhaps) suggest where the issue is.

If someone has damaged the oil pressure sensor thread before you, then it might suggest the issue has shown up before and someone has attempted to solve it - like you.

Quick 10 second Google search:
Screenshot_20211205-145736.png

Quick 10 second Google search:
View attachment 253197

I had low oil in the past and still not flashing amber oil light came out. Stopped put a bit of oil and issue went away. This time the flashing light came out from the start not during travelling. Don't think is same thing unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Have you got, or do you know anyone with a diagnostics unit? They just plug in and it would list a series of fault codes, which should translate to (perhaps) suggest where the issue is.

If someone has damaged the oil pressure sensor thread before you, then it might suggest the issue has shown up before and someone has attempted to solve it - like you.

Went to local garage but they didn't bother saying they were too busy. What about an OBDII off eBay or Amazon? To read error.

What about if they OBDII clear the error. It will appear again if the sensor is broken? Won't clear an error knowing something is not working and will not advise me I the future of any issue. If you know let me know how this works.
Thanks

The point of trying an OBDII is that it will hopefully tell you if there is a problem, let you reset it but if the fault still exists it will just show up again. Nothing to lose by trying it.
Make sure you get one compatible with your car. You can also download an app that will let you reset, be careful some of the apps will charge you for a reset, others are free.

The point of trying an OBDII is that it will hopefully tell you if there is a problem, let you reset it but if the fault still exists it will just show up again. Nothing to lose by trying it.
Make sure you get one compatible with your car. You can also download an app that will let you reset, be careful some of the apps will charge you for a reset, others are free.

What about the torque bluetooth reader and torque pro app?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Torque-Pro...=obd2+code+re,aps,242&sr=8-13#customerReviews

Last edited:
Any suggestion on What ObdIi abd app which does not chargie for reset? Got android phone

Thanks

I cannot help there, maybe the usergroup might help, but the point is to always do a reset as a first step - because you can then start with a clean slate, otherwise the faults could have been stored at absolutely any time in the past. Having cleared faults, you then check what fresh ones appear.

My lad uses one of these

Available from amazon, app is downloaded and then you use your phone on bluetooth to connect, read faults and reset.
It let my lad get rid of his oil warning and limp mode on an insignia.

My lad uses one of these

Available from amazon, app is downloaded and then you use your phone on bluetooth to connect, read faults and reset.
It let my lad get rid of his oil warning and limp mode on an insignia.

Thanks, Is there any correct or better sequence to reset error? For example turn key on but not start engine and run the test or start engine, then run the test and reset error. Do you reset error while engine on or off? it may sound stupid question but never done it before and won`t mess with ECU.

My lad uses one of these

My first interface, was one I built for a simpler diagnostic system back in the 90's. I have one of those above, which was my first venture into OBDII, followed by a self contained reader, then an interface which was model specific/all singing and dancing job, which could tackle any of the systems on my car, with the right software.

The above item combined with a laptop, will allow the Engine ECU to be interrogated for fault codes and the stored deleted. That is all it does, but that is all you need - and they can be had for £5 to £10. From the code numbers generated, you need to translate them to actual faults looked up from a generic list of codes. Not all codes are listed, some are manufacturer specific ones - which is where being a member of an owner group comes in useful. They will likely be able to provide the model specific list of codes and maybe be able to help in interpreting them for you.

Thanks, Is there any correct or better sequence to reset error? For example turn key on but not start engine and run the test or start engine, then run the test and reset error. Do you reset error while engine on or off? it may sound stupid question but never done it before and won`t mess with ECU.

Don't worry about it, that very basic unit, only allow you to read out the codes and reset them - it has no other capabilities to enable you to damage your ECU at all. The instructions for doing that are included with it, you cannot possibly go wrong with that unit.

My latest unit though, is a completely different beast - I can change absolutely any manufacturer option, set whether the car locks as I drive away, what lights stay on when I park it and for how long, even remap the engine if I so desire.

As HB says instructions come with it, the app will give most codes, google will give the others. I have a fancy one too that lets you change everything but you will only need one of those if you get into “serious” mechanicing ;)

Hopefully is now sorted Guys. Put the ODBII, cleared 2 error and then light disappeared. Stopped and started again engine several time. No light back.

I don`t know how to say thank you and damn my faulty that instead of asking you at first time I went to the garage and was told sensor need replacement. Then when all the mess started and sensor snapped in costing me a lot of physical and financial effort.

I learned the lesson on my own expense. Really hope nothing went inside the engine and will keep running. I really would like to hug every single one who supported me during this.

Many Thanks and hopefully this is now definitively solved.

I learned the lesson on my own expense. Really hope nothing went inside the engine and will keep running. I really would like to hug every single one who supported me during this.

Many Thanks and hopefully this is now definitively solved.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant result - and a surprise. I didn't think it stored hard errors and flagged them up on the dash, until cleared via the OBD. It would be worth your while scanning it for faults now, very occasionally, just to see if any more codes are flagged up. It costs you nowt and it can often pre-empt a breakdown.

Sponsored Links
Back