Honewell G2 alarm - Manager Reset Required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to the forum and a novice @ electronics with most disaster DIYs under my belt :(.

We recently moved into a new property with Honewell Galaxy G2 alarm system fitted (NOT CONNECTED). The sound only alarm was working perfectly fine, until we started hearing the alerts 24/7 with Battery Fail message BAT 001 or similar.

Out of curiosity and to save money, I opened up the system to check the battery and then closed it back. From then I also get an error about Tempor... And now, I can't set the noise only alarm. It asks for manager reset (which it was asking for before as well, but due to comms fail msg, but it was at least setting up the alarm).

Now I am stuck with a great system which I messed up and can't use. I plan to go on a holiday soon, and wish I didn't touch it.

I only have the user code, but not the manager code, plus, I don't know what to do even if I had the manager code.

Any help / guidance?

Sponsored Links
Also, if this can't be done by myself, is ADT the only alternative? Or there are cheaper alternative companies in Harrow area?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Sent PM.

One way to do this if you do not have codes is to disconnect mains and battery, then reconnect both and get the lid on really quickly. The system will reset and go into day mode with no errors. You need to be quick for that method though :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back