Honeywell AG6 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With my Optima Compact not active my AG6 Sounder started sounding with gaps. No tamper indication on panel and being aware of dodgy tamper switch I have previously shorted it out as the box is mounted where there are masonry gaps.
Not aware of any power issues..Any help or ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, no evident water damage anywhere, tamper switch already bypassed/shorted. No known power issues. Do you mean the panel battery, not the AG6 ? The AG6 Instructions mention the sounder being triggered by the backup battery only but panel has power.

What’s the panel output for the bell feed ? Post a picture of the panel pcb ....

Sponsored Links
See attached PCB pic. I've checked panel fuses, all ok. When measuring across bell + & - seeing measure of 0.5V.

Attachments

• IMG_20200129_143243.jpg
    IMG_20200129_143243.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 98
Measuring across bell + & A getting 12V. All led's on AG6 functioning as they should be. Alarm system has been working all ok until this problem occurred.

Mains feed isolated, all functioning ok on back up battery, panel, AG6 led's etc. Possible intermittent Bell Box fault ???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back