Honeywell CM927 & Potterton Performa 24 Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking at purchasing a thermostat for my Performa 24 and have come across the CM921 / CM927 controls by Honeywell which seem to get a good writeup.

From what I have read, this would be suited to the boiler however there is a section the the manual that states "NOTE: If the room thermostat being used incorporates an anticipator it MUST be wired as shown in Fig. 37."

This bit is confusing me slightly and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ignore that - it is for old fashions room stats.

You wire terminals A and B across the boilers internal room stat connections, and feed the receiver form the boilers own live and neutral connections.

Equivalent of anticipator is already built into the 921/927.
Take the receiver live and neutral from the fused spur as the connections in boiler are not really big enough for 2 wires to go into .
If no existing room stat just remove link in boiler and connect A an B on reciever to it.

If you have an integral clock already fitted put this onto constant

I have finally got around to purchasing a CMT927 and have today connected this up to the boiler with connections A & B in the relay receiver (BDR91) to connections 1 & 2 within the boiler with the link cable being replaced.

This works and the stat turns the boiler on and off as required, although I have found that when the relay is disabled (green light is off) due to the stat being up to temperature the DHW doesn't work.

Any thoughts on what I have missed or have done wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
More likely you have broken something.

Thanks for your reply, although apart from stating the obvious it wasn't much use!

Anyway, I think I have sorted the problem. After taking the boiler covers off the DHW started working working. I can only think that a stray cable was obstructing the microswitch hence no hot water.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back